Carmen has provided content for numerous news and specialty publications, providing both articles and photographs. Recent clients have included:
Carmen has worked as a radio reporter with Missinipi Broadcasting and as a screenwriter on contract with the Athabasca Economic Development Corporation. She is open to assignments in either radio or documentary screenwriting.
- The Globe and Mail (national newspaper)
- Windspeaker (national Aboriginal newsmagazine)
- Eagle Feather News, Saskatchewan Sage, Alberta Sweetgrass and Ontario Birchbark (provincial Aboriginal newsmagazines)
- La Ronge Northerner (regional newspaper)
- She has also written for a number of Canadian business, youth, Aboriginal and religious specialty publications.
Carmen's work in this area has been wide-ranging, and includes both one-off assignments and ongoing services. Recent clients have included:
- Lac La Ronge Indian Band - one of Canada's largest and most economically progressive First Nations
- Kitsaki Management Limited Partnership - the LLRIB's business arm
- New North (Saskatchewan Association of Northern Communities) - municipal lobby group
- NORTEP/NORPAC - Northern Saskatchewan's teacher training and liberal arts college
- Keewatin Career Development Corporation - non-profit agency expanding technology infrastructure in remote areas of Saskatchewan and beyond
- Buckley Belanger, Doyle Vermette and Joan Beatty - Northern Saskatchewan's elected representatives in the provincial legislature
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
Carmen has served as a research assistant (doing on-line research and face-to-face interviews) for author Maggie Siggins' book Bitter Embrace: White Society's Assault on the Woodland Cree, and as a researcher for the Northern Teacher Education Program and Professional Access College (NORTEP/PAC) on its impact on northern communities in its first 30 years. She is open to doing further research work, either journalistic or academic.